c. 1840, portico and wings added around 1917
This beautiful home was built by Dr. John Vandiver and his wife Mary (McAfee) in1840. Dr. Vandiver had a medical practice and operated a drug store in Talladega. During the 1940s it was purchased by Dr. E. B. Wren, a local physician, and converted into apartments. Today’s owners (father & son), John & Terrance Turner have given the old building a beautiful renovation. The Turner’s kept the apartment look and feel. Each apartment has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, kitchen, dining room. Top balcony is accessed by top occupants. By condensing the porch, replacing the columns, and adding new brick to match the original, the old house looks like new. Three of the four apartments will be open for touring.