Jemison Carnegie Heritage Hall

c. 1906

202 South St E

Designed by Frank Lockwood and constructed by Robert S. West, this building was originally the Talladega Public Library. The library was one of the "Carnegie libraries" made possible through an Andrew Carnegie nation-wide program supporting public education. A Carnegie gift of $12,500 was matched with a $1,000 donation contributed by Ms. Grace Jemison to cover the construction cost of $13,500. Heritage Hall is now a museum hosting a variety of arts and humanities activities.

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/1