top of page
Vandiver House
ESTABLISHED
1840
ALSO KNOWN AS
Vandiver-Avery Apts.
ADDRESS
113 Coffee St E


1/1
THE HOME
1840; 2 stories, brick, portico and wings added c. 1917
This home was built by Dr. John Vandiver and his wife Mary (McAffee) in 1840. Dr. Vandiver had a long medical practice in Talladega. They also operated a drug store on the town square. During the 1940s the house was purchased by Dr. Wren, a local physician.
bottom of page
.png)